Welcome to Sweet Lane

This site is dedicated to serving those of you who have a passion for all things food. Dessert is our main topic but I will also talk about breakfast, lunch and dinner. On the lane you can find recipes, reviews and advice. Don't forget, you can always find a good dessert right around the corner!

Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cold Stone Creamery

So this weekend I took my first trip ever to Cold Stone Creamery.  This is quite the ice cream store.  Immediately I felt overwhelmed by my choices.  The ice cream flavor was easy to choose, Strawberry for me.  What took me so long to decide were my topping choices.  And then I questioned if I shouldn't just choose one of their signature flavors.  I decided in the end to do a mix of both choices.  Their Strawberry Shortcake signature mix sounded delicious but I wanted to add and subtract some ingredients.  I ended up with Strawberry Ice Cream, Graham Cracker Crust, Chocolate Chips and Chocolate Fudge Sauce.

Since I was so full after our Hibachi dinner, and in a rush to get the baby to bed I threw the ice cream in the fridge where it promptly started to melt.  A few hours later the ice cream was moved to the freezer.  This I think was one the best things that could have happened.  The next night when I went to try my first Cold Stone concoction all the graham cracker and chocolate chips had sunk to the bottom and melted that way.  What this caused was pretty much a graham cracker and chocolate chip crust with a strawberry ice cream and fudge topping.  Absolutely delicious.  I don't know if I'll be able to re-create  the crust quality but I will absolutely try.

So this week the decision to be made is: what to bake?  I'm trying to decide between Crumb Cake and Tartlets...

No comments:

Post a Comment