Welcome to Sweet Lane

This site is dedicated to serving those of you who have a passion for all things food. Dessert is our main topic but I will also talk about breakfast, lunch and dinner. On the lane you can find recipes, reviews and advice. Don't forget, you can always find a good dessert right around the corner!

Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Girls Night Desserts

Most Thursdays I join a group of girls who hang out, chat, gossip and watch Greys Anatomy.  Of course this is the perfect setting for desserts!

This past week the local Harris Teeter Supermarket was the place to be when it came to choosing desserts. One of our group brought an amazingly delicious German Chocolate Cake.  It was huge!  I opted for buying the ingredients to strawberry shortcake.  Some Strawberries, Whipped Cream and Harris Teeter pound cake and we were good to go.  Someone else brought Chocolate Fudge Brownies.

I ate my cakes separately, but one of the ladies added her brownie to the Shortcake.  Brilliant I tell you.  It was a chocolate strawberry shortcake.

The overall message of this post is that Supermarket desserts can be just as good as anywhere else.  Normally I am always for making something myself but semi-homemade can be just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment