Welcome to Sweet Lane

This site is dedicated to serving those of you who have a passion for all things food. Dessert is our main topic but I will also talk about breakfast, lunch and dinner. On the lane you can find recipes, reviews and advice. Don't forget, you can always find a good dessert right around the corner!

Enjoy!

Friday, March 25, 2011

The Skinny Dip

This past weekend I was able to make my five year old niece very excited when I told her about a place in Norfolk called, Skinny Dip.  I love this place.  First, it serves only frozen yogurt so it is somewhat healthier than your normal ice cream parlor.  Second, you can taste test every flavor, serve yourself as much as you want and choose from a very wide assortment of toppings.   Let's just say that I was acting very much like my niece, trying to choose between all the flavors and toppings.

Most of our group ended up choosing the strawberry frozen yogurt or the dark chocolate flavor.  Where we all differed was in the toppings.  You can choose anything from brownies, to granola to fruity pebbles cereal.  I chose a cup with brownies on the bottom, followed by strawberry yogurt and topped with hot fudge.  Delicious.

Another great thing about Skinny Dip is that they charge you by ounce so you can choose how much or how little you pay by the weight of your cup.

So if you every find yourself in Hampton Roads look for a Skinny Dip and treat yourself to some great frozen yogurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment